Saturday, July 16, 2005

Commuter Diaries

This is something I wrote at the spur of the moment after a ride on the metro....enjoy!!

I sometimes wonder what other people are thinking about on their morning commute. It's interesting to watch people in the morning - walking, riding the metro, on the shuttle. Some people are easy to read and others not so much. There are those lipsynching to the music from their iPod or hurridly walking, newspaper in one hand, cup of coffee in the other.

I know that my morning commute seems to be a time, albeit broken frequently by metro stops and time schedules, when I can reflect on past and upcoming events: work projects, people I miss, places I want to go, etc. Sometimes I forgo the thinking for reading, though I invariably return to my thoughts when I'm walking.

There's just something about that time of day that triggers behaviors different from those of any other time or place.

I may never know what others are thinking, but I will always take pleasure in my own unique morning habits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home