Thursday, June 16, 2005

Surfin'

This am was interesting - almost didn't have enough cash to get to work on the metro; I forgot that I only put $5 on my card and so I didn't have enough to cover the trip to College Park. Needless to say, I've learned why my mom said I needed to keep more cash on me than I do in Indiana. Live and learn!

Yea so I did web research pretty much the whole time I was at the office. Not too bad - I found some great web resources for legislation and regulation searches, finally got what I needed on the Fair Housing Act as it relates to service animals, and got a nice, and growing, list of exotic feline rescue centers for a directory I started working on today.

I talked to the deputy admin a little today and it sounds like he's def going to do his best to get me to Orlando. :) He also mentioned that he noticed how fast I started working on his service dog project - I think it surprised him.

On the filing stuff - the vet student was actually right, so I'll have to reorganize a few things; nothing major thankfully since we stopped when we did.

After some frustrating news - the dogs keep getting out at home and causing trouble - I finally got around to running. I ran to the Capitol, around the reflecting pool in front, and then back to the dorm - about 25 mins total, but I walked a fair amount cause my starting pace was too fast. I think I saw one of the running clubs warming up; next time I may stroll over and talk to them about working out with them some.

It was cool to run in the city: the windows let me see my running style/technique, the sky was gorgeous at 6pm over all the buildings, the Capitol was impressive, and I felt alone and part of something at the same time. Pretty spiffy if you ask me. The stop lights did interfere a bit w/ my steady pace, but it was also a good time to stretch some and slow down a bit.

Back after my run I ended up getting into some of the dog stuff on the phone; I hate when things seems to blow up at the wrong times (there's never a good time, but you get the idea). I felt bad too cause I didn't get to tell my mom how much I appreciated the care package she sent (brownies make everything better no matter what :) ).

Went out w/ Jeanna, Shane, and Lawrence (peeps in the program thru Purdue) ostensibly to get a coax cable for the guys' tv, but the store was closed when we got there (five mins late!) so we stood on the sidewalk in Chinatown trying to decide what to do. We ran into CVS (finally! a place to get ice cream and little stuff close by) and then headed to a Chinese restaurant to get the guys some food (Jeanna and I had already eaten unfortunately). It was quite amusing to watch them order - the little Chinese woman who took their order just kept getting them more and more confused about what they were trying to order lol.

I actually felt like part of the group tonight - last night at the meeting I felt kinda like the odd girl out. I think it my be partly due to Tristan's presence last night; she seems to take over conversations and interactions a fair amount I think.

Once the guys got the food, we headed back to the dorm. I'm here waiting for the bf to call and they are watching NBA bball in the lounge on the 5th floor (note to self: remember the tv in there for veg time).

I'm zonked - went to bed at 1am this morning and got up at 6:25am. Hopefully the phone rings soon. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home