Saturday, July 16, 2005

Annnnnnnnnnd it's Saturday Again

Wow only six days since the last update lol I'm slowly getting back on the horse I guess. :)

Nothing spectacular at work - finally nailed down my trip though. Ended up having to set it up so that I fly in and out of Orlando the same day unfortunately - couldn't find housing and the Disney thing fell through. I'll get to see the detector dog training center though and that was the whole point of the trip originally, so that's good. My boss' boss has told me to be sure to inquire about possibilities for next summer since they used to hire people when he worked with them more closely. And yes hire means actual pay!!! We shall see.

I was going to go on an inspection but had to reschedule due to the inspector's unexpected change in plans. It worked well though because I felt like crap on Thursday and ended up not going to work. In the afternoon I did manage to feel well enough to go to 14th St. and check out a new pet supply place: "Essential Pet". It's owned by the same person who owns the only 24/7 dog day care in North America (next door), and I got to talk to her for a bit. Very nice store (got a new treat bag for the dog training obsession) and it was nice to talk to another 'dog person' lol.

Friday was a half day so I got home around 1pm, surfed a bit, read some in my book, took a nap, then was a bum for a few hours. Ended up going to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with Shane, some of the interns from his office (Victoria and the two Bens), and Lawrence. It was opening night I guess, so we ended up catching the first show that wasn't sold out....at 11:15pm!!! It was a good movie and Depp was amazing as Willy Wonka, not to mention the neat visuals and amusing Oompa Loompa songs. :) I didn't get home until close to 2am. It was very nice to get out with some new people and 2 am really isn't *that* late... I swear!

Today was laundry day for me; the weather was crappy so I didn't go out for fear of getting soaked again like I did two or three times in the last 10 days. It's actually lightning and rumbling out right now; def a very impressive light display outside my window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home