Sunday, June 12, 2005

First few hours in DC (belated post)

Ok I'll try not to make this too boring, but if it is, just deal with it. ;)

Yesterday I got into National Airport around 12:20pm - about 10 mins early. I traipsed down to baggage claim and waited what felt like an eternity to get my stuff. Just about the time I got my last bag, Jeanna showed up, as planned. :) We split up all my stuff between the two of us and headed off to the Metro and 'home' at Georgetown Law.

The Metro ride was pretty uneventful, though we did end up taking the wrong line, but no big deal, it just took a bit longer than expected. The Metro seems a bit dirtier/darker than the last time I was here (8 years ago) - but I guess that's to be expected and it's still *much* better than the Paris subway system.

Once Jeanna and I got to Union Station, we walked to the Gewirz Student Center which is only a few blocks thankfully - it's super hot and sticky here as I expected.

I checked in with the front desk, got my keys, and we headed up to the room. It was nice to have a place to set my stuff down and I started unpacking asap. My cookie sheet was a bit dented and one of my bags had a note saying that it was inspected, but nothing damaged or lost thankfully.

Everything fits great in my room, and though it is a bit sparsely decorated (not anywhere as personalized as my room in W. Laf of course), I like it. It's nice having my own space, even though I think Jeanna will be a great roomie.

I spent a fair amount of time online after I got the computer hooked up researching things to do here in DC. I can't wait to get out there and explore. :)

Fell in bed around 1am (I am such a night owl).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home