Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Big City Gal

So yea, I'm writing a second post for today to reflect on big city living. I'm getting addicted to the blog thang (and yes I realize I just 'said' thang but if you don't like it, tough!).

I think I truly do like being in a big city. I have all sorts of things to do, I don't have to drive anywhere, I get a ton of exercise walking around, I see new things everyday, and there's just a special something about being in such a vital place. Walking to work in the early morning is pretty calming surprisingly enough, and I can't wait to go running on the Mall this weekend. Natural things are just that much more valuable when one is surrounded by city walls.

Sure there are drawbacks (homelessness, high cost of living, dirt/concrete everywhere, etc.), but from my POV they are far outweighed by all the other good things I've discovered.

The only thing that I don't really like right now is that I feel kinda isolated from the people I love - the phone is a crappy substitute for talking to someone face to face. I'd really like to be able to explore and marvel over stuff with someone I'm really close to -- Jeanna is a good roomie and all, but I know she and I have different interests and goals which makes just bumming around a little more work.

I can't wait until 7/22!!!!!!! Five weeks and 2 days to go! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home