Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A Sad Day...well kinda

I lost my awesome sunglasses on the metro today! :( I can't believe I was so silly as to leave them hanging off my bag, but I guess I won't do that with the next pair - lesson learned!

Work was interesting - I went over my proofreading of the manual with Jodie (she was impressed with my thoroughness lol), explored the APHIS website once my account was up and running (yay for IT people), started working on a filing project to make replying to FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requests easier, attended a Horse Protection Act related meeting, and ended up with some more filing.

I'm learning a lot about working in a government office and I am *very* glad I read all the AWA and HPA info yesterday because it made what I did today 10 times easier.

I forgot my lunch, so I ate at the cafeteria in the building - yummy egg salad sandwich luckily. :)

Got back to the dorm a bit later since I stayed late at the office talking to coworkers and finishing up stuff.

Tristan invited Jeanna and I to dinner, but since we had both eaten already we just went out with Tristan and her roomie for dessert at the Capitol BrewPub (it is the first brewpub opened in DC proper after prohibition according to the info on the menu). I shared a "Monumental Brownie" -- very very good IMO, especially for $3.

Came back to Tristan's room and watched TV before heading back to my room for a night of typing and listening to CDs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home